Leaping Lizards was written by Clyde Bosco and was the second of twelve in the Nintendo Adventure Books series - first published on 17th October 1991 by Mammoth Books in the United Kingdom and by Simon & Schuster, a division of Pocket Books in the U.S.
The Mushroom Kingdom is Hopping Mad
When His Royal Highness is turned into a rabbit by the devious Morton Koopa Jr., only one plumber can save him. Luigi leaps into action to save the King from a life of hopelessly hopping-and almost becomes a Koopa casualty himself!
As in all Nintendo Adventure Books, you control the action. Only you can make the choices that allow Luigi to beat Morton and the rest of the Koopa Kids. Help him crack codes, solve puzzles, conquer mazes, and subdue enemies. You and Luigi must outwit the Koopas at their own game-or go down in final defeat!
[Source: The books back cover.]
The Scoring System
At the end of each Nintendo Adventure Book there is a scoring chart - in Leaping Lizards the scoring system worked as below
- 800 points+ "Mushroom Games Champ and Master Plumber"
- Between 601 and 800 points - "Drain Chief - Two Plumbs Up"
- Between 401 and 600 points - "Major League Faucet-Fixer"
- Between 201 and 400 points - "Minor League Faucet-Fixer"
- 200 points or less - "Monkey with a Wrench"
Puzzles in this book
- ISBN-10: 0749710012
- ISBN-13: 978-0749710019
Read or Download