Cheats, Tips and Unlockables
You can find below all the cheats and tips we have available in our database for Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon (Nintendo 3DS)
Medals from Professor E Gadd
Professor E Gadd rewards you with medals for accomplishing certain tasks in Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon. These medals are displayed on the game loading screen and are visible to other players when you play online. Here's how to unlock each one:-
- First medal - Defeat King Boo and complete the story - watch the ending and credits
- Second medal - Obtain a three star ranking on all missions
- Third medal - Capture all of the ghosts and bosses in the Scarescraper (aka Thrill Tower)
Poltergust 5000 and Dark Light upgrades
Hardcore Ghosthunters can upgrade their equipment once they have enough capital to do so. Here's the available upgrades and their costs.
- A Pull Level 2 - 2000 Gold
- Dark Light Level 2 - 4000 Gold
- A Pull Level 3 - 7000 Gold
- Dark Light Level 3 - 10,000 Gold
- Super Poltergust - 20,000 Gold
What the upgrades do
- A Pull Upgrades - Let you charge the meter further when capturing ghosts and throw out more powerful electric shocks.
- Dark Light Upgrades - Enables prolonged use of the Dark Light
- Super Poltergust - Sucks up Ghosts a lot quicker, and knocks their health down quicker too
The upgrades are not applicable for multiplayer or the ScareScraper - they have their own separate upgrade options available.
To gain access to the ScareScraper you must first beat the "Visual Tricks" mission in Gloomy Manor. You can then play the Scarescraper online with others.
As you battle your way through the ScareScraper you can unlock various stuff including different game modes, heres what you can unlock and how to get them
Endless mode: In any mode, completely clear a 25 floor tower to unlock the 'endless' version of that mode. If you complete this tower for example in Hunter mode, you will unlock an endless version of Hunter mode. If you completed a 25 floor tower in Rush mode, you'd get an endless version of rush mode and so on.
Suprise mode: First complete the main storyline and then complete one run through the Scarescraper in each mode with any number of floors. You can unlock an endless mode version of Suprise mode too.
There are several infestation missions which can be unlocked by performing certain tasks. These infestation missions are like timed free for all missions where you can take on randomly spawning ghosts all over each mansion as you please.. and heres how to unlock them:-
Mission name How to unlock
Gradual infiltration Capture all the Boo's in the Gloomy Manor
Hostile Intrusion Capture all the Boo's in the Haunted Towers
Outlandish Interruption Capture all the Boo's in the Old Clockworks
Severe Infestation Capture all the Boo's in the Secret Mine
Terrifying Invasion Capture all the Boo's in the Treacherous Mansion
Statue of Luigi
To obtain these statues you have to get all the gems in each Mansion. Each of the five Mansions has a statue of Luigi to unlock.