Uncle Mario NEEDS YOU.
Super Luigi Bros is operated and run by Luke Hackett with assistance from his loyal sidekick Benni Castellanos who between them currently (attempt to) maintain bringing our users everything from the latest Mario series news and media, retro articles, guides to every game ever made, interesting articles about the series and its games, opinionated editorials, reviews and running YouTube, Facebook, Google+, Tumblr and Twitter updates amongst countless other things!
It's been concluded that this is pretty much not achievable, although we have been trying to defy the odds for a while... and we need your help to make this site as successful as it's predecessor was many years ago (ever visit Super Mario Portal back in the early 00's?) so that's where I'm hoping you guys might come in! We're currently looking for Staff to help us build the site... some examples of things we need help with are below
Think you can help fill any of the positions we have listed below? please contact Luke on skype (Details at the bottom of page) or via email on luke *at* classic-mario.net
- Create blog-like posts for the website including response pieces to recent Super Mario news, speaking about specific aspects of a particular game or the series as a whole, or any other opinionated pieces of work related to the series.
- Create countdown material, including top-5 favourite lists for games, soundtracks, powerups, characters... perhaps talking about things that were left out of a game, or ideas for future Mario titles.
- Create talking points and discussions, perhaps with polls to encourage fan interaction and debate
Editorial writers should be able to write for us once a week.
We are looking for people to write one article a week of their own creation. On a set day of the week convenient to the author.
- Past features included weekly artwork, comic strips, featured music, in particular we are looking for more unique ideas though for example something we are looking specifically for in this section would be to do a weekly column on Super Mario collectibles. Open to all ideas, as long as they are Mario relevant.
Game page editors
We are trying to provide comprehensive info on each game in the Mario series such as the games story (from official manual if available, if not a translation of whats going on in the game to set the back drop etc), what new features the game bought, any special notes about its controls, any trivia, any references to other Mario series titles, or any other fun/interesting stuff about that game. Unfortunately due to time constraints we haven't been able to keep up with a) adding pages about the latest games, some of our pages may be dated, vague etc. Specifically we need help adding "meat to the bone" on the following pages.
Wii U Games
Many other pages need to be updated, but those mentioned above have priority. If you spot any others which you think you could enhance feel free to suggest it. We're open to constructive critique.
Walkthrough Writers/Video Guides
We intend to feature a walkthrough for every Super Mario game ever made on our YouTube channel and website. This can be in the format of editorial style walkthroughs accompanied by HD screenshots or commentated video guides with a small accompanying write up. Applicants should have the ability to capture HD screenshots and video.
An example of the style of Video Walkthrough & Accompanying editorial write-up: Super Mario Bros. 3 Video Guide & Walkthrough
Here is a list of the games we haven't covered with high quality walkthroughs and video guides. We have the oldest stuff quite well covered between me and Ben, but we need some real help on the newer stuff:-
- New Super Luigi U
- New Super Mario Bros U
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (2009 - Wii)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (2011 - Wii)
- Mario Kart Wii
- Mario Sports Mix Wii
- Mario Strikers Charged Wii
- Mario Super Sluggers Wii
- New Super Mario Bros Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 Wii
- Super Paper Mario Wii
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (3DS)
- Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
- Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon (3DS)
- Mario Tennis Open (3DS)
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (3DS)
- Yoshi Touch & Go (DS)
- Super Princess Peach (DS)
- Super Mario 64 (DS)
- New Super Mario Bros (DS)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini Land Mayhem (DS)
- Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story (DS)
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: March of the Minis (DS)
- Mario Party DS
- Mario Kart DS
- Game & Watch Collection DS
- Game & Watch Collection 2 DS
- Mario Hoops 3 on 3 DS
- Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
- Dancing Stage: Mario Mix (Gamecube) - If I had all the time on earth, I would still find a way of avoiding this.
- Mario Kart: Double Dash (Gamecube)
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Gamecube)
- Mario Superstar Baseball (Gamecube)
- SSX on Tour - The Mario Character Cameos (Gamecube)
- Wario World (Gamecube)
- Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube)
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube)
- NBA Street v3 - The Mario Character bits (Gamecube)
- Dr. Mario 64 (Nintendo 64)
- Mario Golf (Nintendo 64)
- Paper Mario (Nintendo 64)
- Yoshi's Story (Nintendo 64)
In the case of games composed of "mini-games" instead of a single piece game we would instead publish a general overview and mini game guide, giving the detail of each mini game within that title with HD screenshots and any specific tips to beating that game as well as an "all mini games in Mario Party X" accompanying video.
- Fortune Street aka Boom Street (Wii)
- Entire Mario Party series (N64>Wii, 3DS)
- Game & Wario (Wii U)
Unofficial / Fan made Mario themed games
- We are also potentially interested in potentially having Lets Play videos of Fan Made unofficial Mario games.
We are looking for people to contribute exclusive reviews of the following Nintendo 3DS titles
- Yoshi's New Island
- Super Smash Bros 3DS
- Mario Party: Island Tour
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
We are looking for people to contribute exclusive reviews of the following Wii U titles
- NES Remix
- NES Remix 2
- New Super Luigi U
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games
- Game & Wario
Reporting of broken links / images that don't display / code errors etc
Sounds simple, but it would be a big help if you notice any broken links or images that don't display etc that you let me know on luke*AT*classic-mario.net so I can fix them quicktime! A lot of stuff went wrong when we changed domains over from superluigibros.com, I've found and fixed "most" of it but some stuff might still be lurking in the shadows of our near 2000 pages.
We cannot pay our staff
Super Luigi Bros is just a fan site and we cannot pay people to work here. Actually it's costing a fortune just to keep the site up right now! Although it is volunteer work, in some cases hardware and/or software can be provided to you to help increase productivity.
Content written for Super Luigi Bros belongs to the site
If you decide to leave Super Luigi Bros, you may keep anything that you’ve written, but it will also remain a part of Super Luigi Bros.
We want people who are committed
Super Luigi Bros has gone through several different staff members in the past. Please, only submit an application if you are absolutely dedicated to working for the site. We are only looking for the best here at Super Luigi Bros.
Credit where its due
If you write for us, you will be fully credited for your work a) on that articles page b) on the hall of fame c) we can link google+ authorship accounts to your articles in one of those author profile boxes at the bottom of each article you write. You will also be listed on the staff page.
Requirements / Responsibilities
- Each position has its own direct requirements which are listed in their job description.
- For any content position, website experience is highly recommended
- Time! you must be able to consistently devote some of your time to work on site content. If it is too low on your list of priorities, you will inevitably lose interest and we will lose a staff member, which we always want to avoid.
- Proper spelling and grammar are essential
- Must have skype to co-ordinate with other staff
All applications are done directly through Skype or email. If you are interested in
joining the team you should contact Luke directly. His skype is 'darkreignn' and email is luke*at*classic-mario.net